Help Needed Transmission problems

Campo

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
While driving my transmission started clunking and the engine light came on. Also the dash lights and two of the gauges started going off intermittently. I limped to my destination and then the truck wouldn't start. Had it towed to dealer. They were able to start it and found nothing wrong when they road tested it. Got it back and then it started happening again after about 30 miles of driving. Then with engine idling and warm it started revving without me touching the throttle. Truck has 130000miles and tranny was fluid changed last Summer. Any ideas on what may be happening here? 2008 F-350 w/6.4 Diesel

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
If you had the engine check light on, there is a code in the PCM that would tell you what the computer "thinks" is wrong. Did you get any of these codes? They would be in the form of P***X or C***X.

Dave :)

Campo

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
The dealer got codes but said the suggested fix was unrelated to the problem.. They also said the transmission wasn't "communicating"

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I would find another dealer. Everything in the drive train communicates with the PCM or it is dead.

Dave :dunno

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64