Trip report

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Just a little info for you guys on how the old girl performed on out first trip since installing Beans St. I injectors and the exhaust air guide from Diesel Power Products .

I was towing our 26 foot TT and had a bike in the bed and traveling across the northern tier of Wyoming, elevations are in the 4000 to 5000 foot range and some of the grades along the route are 7%+ for a mile or so. Ambient temps were +100°F and my foot was feeling heavy. I only took the tranny our of OD once or twice, and only clicked off cruise once or twice as well. This thing pulled like there was no tomorrow guys, I was dumb founded at what I had under the hood. My most memorable moment of towing was when I was going up a helluva steep grade coming out of Inyan Kara Creek (get yer maps out) up towards Sundance (yes, its name is where Billy the Kid's partner got his name from) Wyo, my guages said---- 1350-1400 EGT temp, 25+ psi boost, and tranny temps of 210 (thanks to Richter for the upgrades) and I was passing a SD at the time doing 75 mph :eek: . He was looking at me when I went by like WTF??????? and I was just :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao ......

Driving like a complete maniac I averaged 10 mpg on the way over and while I havent yet topped off since returning I did better on the way home as I stuck to 65 mph all the way.

This all was with my old SCMT set to the tow perf. setting, I cant imagine how well this thing can and will run with a multi pos chip tuned for a set of Beans can perform!!! I Guess what I am trying to say here guys is that I couldnt be happier if I had a brand spankin new 05 in the driveway. This old gal got'r dun and it only cost me a grand total of $1500 in performance parts (thats about 2 1/2 payments on a new one) and I was smiling all the way to the bank! :thumbs

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
95_stroker said:
Just a little info for you guys on how the old girl performed on out first trip since installing Beans St. I injectors and the exhaust air guide from Diesel Power Products .

I was towing our 26 foot TT and had a bike in the bed and traveling across the northern tier of Wyoming, elevations are in the 4000 to 5000 foot range and some of the grades along the route are 7%+ for a mile or so. Ambient temps were +100°F and my foot was feeling heavy. I only took the tranny our of OD once or twice, and only clicked off cruise once or twice as well. This thing pulled like there was no tomorrow guys, I was dumb founded at what I had under the hood. My most memorable moment of towing was when I was going up a helluva steep grade coming out of Inyan Kara Creek (get yer maps out) up towards Sundance (yes, its name is where Billy the Kid's partner got his name from) Wyo, my guages said---- 1350-1400 EGT temp, 25+ psi boost, and tranny temps of 210 (thanks to Richter for the upgrades) and I was passing a SD at the time doing 75 mph :eek: . He was looking at me when I went by like WTF??????? and I was just :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao ......

Driving like a complete maniac I averaged 10 mpg on the way over and while I havent yet topped off since returning I did better on the way home as I stuck to 65 mph all the way.

This all was with my old SCMT set to the tow perf. setting, I cant imagine how well this thing can and will run with a multi pos chip tuned for a set of Beans can perform!!! I Guess what I am trying to say here guys is that I couldnt be happier if I had a brand spankin new 05 in the driveway. This old gal got'r dun and it only cost me a grand total of $1500 in performance parts (thats about 2 1/2 payments on a new one) and I was smiling all the way to the bank! :thumbs

Glad to hear of your satisfaction with an older rig. I plan on keeping mine well into her 20's. I only have 60k now, and your story reminds me of my trip back from Florida about three years ago. I was hauling 27k truck and trailer and passed an OBS at 80 with the cruise on. He had TDS stuff all over his truck. The look on his face was priceless as he shook his head side to side. I was riding overload springs the whole trip since I had the 250 overloaded. I think I figured out once I got home why he was shaking his head tho. The rear hanger on my week old exhaust had been rubbing the leaf spring the whole trip. It had 6" clearance unloaded but I never bothered checking with the trailer on. I checked TDS for several weeks waiting for him to post but he never did. :dunno

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hear ya Stroker.... Glad you had a good trip. I took another trip to the coast this weekend.... D@#$ thing just makes me grin. Nutn better than the 2 fingers up, forward tip of the hand when yer pass'n someone pull'n a lighter load than you... go'n up hill... ya gota love it. The ole boy just Gits'r Dun.

I like that Exhaust Guide Too

;) :) :D

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
95_stroker said:
I was passing a SD at the time doing 75 mph :eek: . He was looking at me when I went by like WTF??????? and I was just :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao ......

You gotta love it when the old iron outperforms the new stuff :thumbs :thumbs

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14