Triple Dog on new F450

thelastcion

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I just picked up my new F450 last night and would like to install my Bully Dog Triple Dog.

Shold I wait until I put more miles on the truck? Or would it be ok to install it at anytime?

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
You had better wait a while before installing any tuner. It may have warranty complications, and with these new vehicles, I would wait a long while. You can't afford to be without a warranty on these trucks.

Dave

thelastcion

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
How long does it usually take for the milage to pick up? I'm not too concerned about it, just don't want the $500 programer go to waste.

I did purchase the 100k mile extended warranty so I deffinately do not want to void it.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Your mileage will not get much better for many miles, like 10,000 to 15,000 miles. These engines take a long time to get broken in completely. Don't worry about your $500 tuner. Park it in a closet, as you will not be using it for a long time. The use of a tuner will void your warranty. Ford can generally tell if you have in on the truck and your 100K warranty is worth $0.00. Is it worth what you paid for the extra warranty???

Dave

bobbyt

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
sorry to hijack but i was looking at getting a f450 brnad new in a few months i was hopping the programmer would be be a option for me if i keep dpf equipment on

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
You will get several answers to this question. If I was getting a New $50,000 truck, I would want to keep the Ford warranty 100% valid for the warranty period. This means keeping your truck stock for this time frame. My truck is and has been 100% stock since I bought it. I am out of warranty now and I think I will leave it as is. My choice. Good Luck on your decision.

Dave :)

bobbyt

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
oh ok thats makes sense but i was thinking you could take it out when you go to the dealer i used to do that before with my trans am

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh ok thats makes sense but i was thinking you could take it out when you go to the dealer i used to do that before with my trans am

FWIW ? Some Ford Garages care.. and some don't.. about Tuners. But.. If it ever comes to a High Dollar Warrenty issue ? Some shops have ways, nowa-days, of knowing you Have, or Have Had, a Tuner installed at Any time.... Through their Diagnostic equipment.

(yet.. another reason why I'll drive my 2K 'til either.. I Croak.. or the wheels fall off.... after slide'n thru Crank/Piston parts, and a Synthetic Oil Slick.) ;):lmao

Last edited:

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Now days the dealer can tell if you have a tuner, even if you remove it. It sets some parameters in the ECU that tells Ford that it was tuned.

Dave

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58