Longcut

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I've got a 04 PSD, bone stock 6.0, I'm getting a

P0299-Turbocharger Under Boost
P0407-EGR Sensor B Circut Low
P0488-EGR Throttle Position Control Range/Performance

Has anyone had these codes come up, if so, what did it take to fix them?:dunno

I just had my PCM, TCM and FICM flashed a few days ago and these codes came up. :doh:

bismic1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I assume that your truck was built after 9/23/2003? If so, the ICP sensor is on the passenger side valve cover.

The EGR valve is bad or plugged (assuming you still have it). Cleaning could help or you may need a new one. Also, your EBP tube could bery well be plugged. Also, look for wire chaffing on the EBP harness and the VGT solenoid.

Longcut

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have cleaned the EGR, it wasn't overly dirty.

I thought the most common problem with the ICP was hard starting? It fires right up with no problems.

Could you give me some direction on where to look for the EBP tube and VGT?

bismic1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have cleaned the EGR, it wasn't overly dirty.

I thought the most common problem with the ICP was hard starting? It fires right up with no problems.

Could you give me some direction on where to look for the EBP tube and VGT?

I mentioned the ICP just to make sure what model year the truck was (early 2004 or late 2004). Sorry for the confusion.

Even if the EGR valve wasn't dirty, it could be bad. Still, the cheapest thing is to check the EBP tube for plugging and look for any wire chaffing. The EBP tube can be removed fairly easily or cleaned with a flexible .22 caliber cleaning rod.

EBP Sensor location (and tube)
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1923&pictureid=8671
"Facing the side of the motor on the drivers side look at the font of the valve cover. On the drivers side you will see a tube coming up from the side of the valve cover. On the top of the tube you will see an electrical connector. That is the EBP sensor. Below the coolant reservoir and behind the master cylinder and mounted to the valve cover.
There should be between 1.15 to 1.35 volts at idle. This is with the exhaust brake so the volts may need to be lower. When the sensor gives erratic volt readings to the PCM the turbo can act erratic and set codes.

Another good way to test it is to obtain a pressure reading at KOEO (Key On Engine Off). This is outlined in the TSB above. The EBP reading should be close to the MAP and Baro values (.5 psi); if you're seeing several psi difference, its most likely bad. There will be some slight variation due to mfg tolerances. The challenge may be having something that can read and compare them. A good tool is the Autoenginuity software. Without that, do the voltage check with KOEO.

While you are at it, clean the MAP sensor hose. The MAP sensor mounts under a triangular bracket that is "to the left" of your heater control valve (coolant flow to the heater core). It is near the firewall. The MAP sensor hose (rubber hose w/ a corrugated plastic heat shield around it) connects to a port on the right (passenger's) side intake manifold. I took the hose off and blew air through it.

Wire Chaffing Locations
Ford DTC codes & wire chafing locations - TheDieselGarage.com

also .......
Sensor Overview:
Page 10: Component Locations

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member