trouble codes

doug young

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mike, the truck is running good. in fact it is running better than it has since i put in some cetane booster and a fuel conditioner to help lubricate things. the only thing that i can think of is i run the Juice with Attitude display. i run the " 0 " setting around town, wich is stock horspower etc., but occasionally when i need to dive onto the highway with some extra ummpf i will turn the power up to 2 or 3. for example, the other day i waas driving on the hhighway up a slight grade that was really long. i normally drive it around 50 -55 ( its a 45mph highway) and the engine needs to be taken out of overdrive or needs me to hhit the pedal harder. so the other day i drove home on hte same rode in level 3. as i was cruising nicely up the incline with my foot in it maybe a little harder, the SES light blinked for a milli-second. it has done that in the past as well back when i first installed the juice system and i was trying out the different levels. anyways, long story. could that blip of the SES light be what is throwing the codes?

doug young

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks antonio, my buddies truck threw the same code as well as P1212....wich has to do with the ICP but P1212 deals with voltage..something like to low of voltage i think...he runs the juice evolution stacked with the J/A. what would cause the P1212?

thanks doug

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
Still could be the J/A on the 1212 I think. The Juice module is basically a refined 10K mod to my understanding. Makes its power by bleeding some voltage off the ICP circuit tricking the computer into giving it more oil to the injectors.

But it may also be an ICP sensor going bad. Does your buddies truck run good?

doug young

Full Access Member
Reaction score
antonio. both of our trucks run good. no problems to speak of. so i would have to assume that if it is the J/A, then things are A-O.K.?

doug

doug young

Full Access Member
Reaction score
antonio, i read my Edge owners manuel last night. it had a section that talked about the system setting codes. one of the codes was the P1211. so it is an issue about higher fuel demands and the ICP cant keep up, but should correct itself in the future when the computer gets used to that driving style.

thanks for your input....doug

Vinni

I didn't do it
Reaction score
roosterdiesel said:
When my GPR went out I got mine from O'reilly's for like $85 I think. NAPA had them too but wanted only like 5 bucks less than the dealer which was like 130 bucks.

I think you need to find out if you have a GPR. Some Ex's(Cali Emissions I think) had what I've seen posted as a GPM. Glow Plug Module I think.

This is what a GPR looks like, the brown relays are on the left. One is the Intake Air Heater and one is the GPR, it's the one toward the rear of the vehicle.

View attachment 1184

Hope that helps!:)

That being said, can i reutilize the AIH relay for the bad unit in order to clear the codes for now? Being that i deleted the AIH from the intake, i have an extra relay there...

TIA

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14