Truck died while driving

sbiggi

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I replaced all my injectors a few months ago because of sticking spool valves. All factory remans with new spool valves.
Did this not to long before our hunting trip.

After we got back from our trip I scanned codes and had a grey code for injector control pressure to low.
IPR was running 85% at wot. I figured maybe it was a oil leak in the high pressure system. Also was seeing 2300 psi or so, was thinking that should be higher.

Last week I took the truck on a short trip. It started running rough, pulled codes while driving, injector compensation #8. Couple miles down the road truck would barely move. Then it died at a stop light and wouldnt restart.
I was seeing no oil pressure on the dummy gauge and 0 hpop.

I used a IPR leak tester and could hear a leak. Could not identify it under either valve cover. Sounded deeper in.
The oil filter housing isnt retaining oil, it keeps draining back.

Takes 10+ seconds to fill that up while cranking it over to see 60+ psi on the low side.
Then another 5-10 seconds after that I'll see 600psi on the high side.
If it starts, it still runs extremely rough, seem #8 injector is having issues. I also see 87% duty cycle on the IPR at idle now.

I also pulled the drivers side oil rail off and didnt see anything noticeable with the injector orings. Did not see any oil leaks when turning it over with 600+psi either.

IRP screen had a few little tiny bits of metal in it. I didnt see anything in the valve. I opened the valve and blew it out with wd40 just in case.

Is this a sign of a bad HPOP? Maybe the oil is draining out through that?

Thanks,

Last edited:

sbiggi

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Pulled everything out, i can hear the leak out of the hole for the turbo oil return in the hpop cover.

So it is probably a leaking STC connection or hpop issue.

I just dont want to spend all that money on a hpop and not have it fix the issue

sbiggi

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Seems my hpop was weak and I found the oring on the to that goes to the discharge tube was being worn away.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58