Truck is down!!!!

atk

Reaction score
truck has been down for over a week now....:rant

over a week ago truck started running rough. checked for codes....

day one-code PO275....cylinder 5 contribution malfuction
day two-code PO275 and PO263....cylinder 3 contribution malfunction

now the truck is barely running. i did check the basic`s and fuel pressure test. everything seemed ok....i did some tests with scanner from work and comes up with more codes....PO261,264,267,270,273,276,279,282. all these code are injector circuit low. so i have diagnosed these codes, which ended up being a wiring issue....truck is still running rough and will quit before it even reaches operating temp. also there is a very loud ticking sound in the right bank....so now on day whatever....codes PO603 and PO1872(which i cannot seem to found out what it is), so after doing some more testing, having code PO 284(cylinder 8 contribution malfunction) now show up....

have been trying to find the revised diagnostic proceedures for the cylinder contribution malfunction codes.( appearantly might be only be availble to Ford dealers....:dunno)

so any thoughts, idea`s or help would be greatly appreciated....thank`s

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Those are tough. I don't really have an answer for you. Taking a step back and looking at the entire picture usually gives me a better picture. It looks like a wiring harness or connector problem, but the 6.0's are not known for these problems. This is not to say that they can't happen. You might pull the valve cover and inspect all of the connectors for faults. Maybe ohm out the harness. Good luck with your hunt.

Dave

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
so now on day whatever....codes PO603 and PO1872(which i cannot seem to found out what it is),

so any thoughts, idea`s or help would be greatly appreciated....thank`s

P 0603 is a KAM error (Keep Alive Memory) caused either by unhooking batteries and or most likely, your SCT. Five character DTC codes are rare, are you certain on that P 01872?

OBD II codes decoded:

Here is a breakdown of what each digit of the code means:

First Character - System

The first character identifies identifies the system related to the trouble code.

* P = Powertrain
* B = Body
* C = Chassis
* U = Undefined

Second Digit - Code Type

The second digit identifies whether the code is a generic code (same on all OBD-II equpped vehicles), or a manufacturer specific code.

* 0 = Generic (this is the digit zero -- not the letter "O")
* 1 = Enhanced (manufacturer specific)

Third Digit - Sub-System

The third digit denotes the type of sub-system that pertains to the code

* 1 = Emission Management (Fuel or Air)
* 2 = Injector Circuit (Fuel or Air)
* 3 = Ignition or Misfire
* 4 = Emission Control
* 5 = Vehicle Speed & Idle Control
* 6 = Computer & Output Circuit
* 7 = Transmission
* 8 = Transmission
* 9 = SAE Reserved
* 0 = SAE Reserved

Fourth and Fifth Digits

These digits, along with the others, are variable, and relate to a particular problem. For example,a P0171 code means P0171 - System Too Lean (Bank 1).

I think you possibly could have more wiring issues at hand. You might be pulling looms apart and looking for chafing and or abrasions. Pay special attention to places where the loom might go over the head of a bolt or turn a corner, etc.

atk

Reaction score
I think you possibly could have more wiring issues at hand. You might be pulling looms apart and looking for chafing and or abrasions. Pay special attention to places where the loom might go over the head of a bolt or turn a corner, etc.

i will be going over the wiring harness again in case i have missed something. already found 2 wires that were rubbed through, but not in the usual spots....

as for the codes, meant to say P1872 and as for PO603, i knew what that one was....

i did found out that there is a reflash that addresses cylinder missfires(and other issues). will calling the dealer to try and found out....

roger2003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a problem not to far off of that, I had off and on electrical problems, it turned out to be the main wiring loom coming out of the firewall. I found it out by gingerly taking a prybar and working it ever so gently into the top of the loom. I let the dealer figure out the rest. Although I stuck a prybar into the loom, I don't condown the activity. Try to pass the info to the dealer. Good luck.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
They are expensive down here also. I am going to look at a local diesel injection shop for new ones when the time comes.

Dave

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64