Help Needed Truck keeps dying

easyrider1234

6.0 stock setup
Reaction score
03 F350 6.0 stock engine, no mods....I started having an issue with my truck dying going down the road. It first happened pulling on to the freeway once I got up to about 60, died, i put it in nuetral and it started right up but it kept doing it again and again. It seemed more prevalent on grades. I thought that it could be possibly the fuel filters, so I changed the oil and filters thinking that would fix the issue. No such luck, then I wondered if air was in the fuel line(I never got a straight answer on how to bleed the air out after new filters). It seem to go away for a while, I recently moved and hauled 4 large loads about 30 miles each without it ever dying once. The day after it started doing it again. Now after it warms up it wont drive 5 minutes without dying.
A possible related issue? I have had a check engine light on for a month or so that I had checked out at a NAPA dealer. They said it was " faulty IPC unit"...I looked into them and they are @150 bucks (which I dont mind buying). Two issues though, it seems like a pain in the butt to get to and I dont want to waste my time or money if that doesnt fix it. ANY IDEAS????

mark6403av

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did they give you the code like P1211 ?. A lot of times it's not what the code is that get's set.

easyrider1234

6.0 stock setup
Reaction score
Did they give you the code like P1211 ?. A lot of times it's not what the code is that get's set.
I think its related to the pigtail for IPC, I moved the wires around and it hasnt since. Im not sure of the code its been a while. Since then I broke down in Tucumcari NM (BFE!!) 600 miles from home. Had two leave it there while they fixed and drive a rental home.
Lost two injectors and burned a intake valve. Now Im trying to round up a standard labor rate schedule so I dont have to pay excess hrs for work completed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58