truck will not increase speed

rigdog43

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey Ya'll
I have a problem that I just have to ask about .
I have a 04, 6.0 runs great for the most part , but sometimes when you step down hard on the go button it will down shift but will not increase in speed .If you pull over and cut it off and restart, it runs and passes with no problems
This truck has 60k no mods and this has happened about 6 different times . anyone have any id :cowboy:thanks:dunno

ktpauley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will it run at highway speeds? I had for the most part the same problem. Dealer replaced the throttle plate sensor and the EBP. Keith

rigdog43

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
if I am running 50 it stays at 50 if i run 70 it stays 70
if you back off and slow down it stays at the speed yu slowed down to:dunno

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Take it in. You have electronic problems with a sensor or two and the ECM (Engine Control Module). They should be able to track it down. I personally have never heard of this one.

Dave :)

rigdog43

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
thanks daveben
i will try the dealer again . I told them about it when they did the 04 recall stuff . they looked at me like i was nuts :eek: . quote "we can't find the problem if it ain't doing it when you bring it in" I don' have much faith in them now , thats why i wanted to know if others are having this problem
thanks for the help

Reaction score
Just make sure that when you get your papers that it is listed as a problem everytime. This way even if the warranty runs out you have proof that it was doing it prior -

Strange problem indeed - good luck with it all.

Ron

Last edited:

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I know what you are going thru. But you must keep after them or else they won't ever learn. It is Ford's duty to their customers to get the fixes and get them right. Keep the faith baby...

Dave:D

rigdog43 said:
thanks daveben
i will try the dealer again . I told them about it when they did the 04 recall stuff . they looked at me like i was nuts :eek: . quote "we can't find the problem if it ain't doing it when you bring it in" I don' have much faith in them now , thats why i wanted to know if others are having this problem
thanks for the help

rigdog43

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
hey ya'll
I thank you for the good ideas ! I do need to get this in writing .
ya'll been a big help. I hope ya'll don't see me on cnn "fat man flips out :guns: at ford house" news at 11:00"
I do like my 6.0 but my 7.3 was much more trouble free:cowboy:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58