Help Needed Truck won't run

MichaelPSD6.0

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hi, Post this to the 911 forum, but thought maybe someone here could help out. Have a 2004 6.0, manual trans, 92,000 miles. Have an Edge Juice with Attidude Platimunm. Will start up, and idle fine, but when I depress the accelarator, I can only get between 1100 -1500 rpms on the tack, no power at all. If I ease into the throtle, I could pick up some speed to get it home. Seemed to first start happening when weather was rainy or damp out, now it is doing it all the time.

I'm thinking this could be the EGR valve, but really have no clue on this, can anyone advise me where to start looking.

Any help will be appreciated
Michael

rsjohnsn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It sounds as though you have blown a turbo coupler or you have a hole in one. Check all of the boots from the turbo all the way to the intake. Make sure there isn't any holes or one hasn't slipped off. If this is all good then remove the programmer and see what happens.

Scott

MichaelPSD6.0

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Truck won't run, think I found the problem

It sounds as though you have blown a turbo coupler or you have a hole in one. Check all of the boots from the turbo all the way to the intake. Make sure there isn't any holes or one hasn't slipped off. If this is all good then remove the programmer and see what happens.

Scott

Scott, thanks will check the boots again, but think I may have found the problem, I took the Edge out, unhookded it under the hood, repluged in the truck computer, took it out for a spin, all is well. I looked at the connections on the Edge, and there was water in them, not sure how this happened, but am blowing them out, and will contact Edge tomorrow, I've only had this on less than 500 miles.

Appreciate you taking the time to reply. I've only had the 2004 truck about 3 months, have a '97 7.3 also, but will be putting it up forsale.
Thanks Again
Michael

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58