Truk-lite ID bar wiring

RSG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I received one of these light bars for under my tailgate, above the rear bumper. It fits in there nice, should aid visibility and give me a bit extra light when working back there in the dark.

It is supposed to connect to the tail light circuit, and I guess also ground, and has 2 short leads of wire for that purpose. Is there a simple way to break into the tail light circuit, maybe via the trailer wiring harness, rather than cutting into a cable to make the splice? I could splice in a flat-4 connector and run it out to the trailer hitch, but that isn't so clean.

I don't know much about the wiring harness on this truck, but will crawl under there this weekend...just looking for any tips. Thanks in advance.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Mine had a 4 pin connector and it is plugged into the trailer plug. If I have to tow, I unplug it.

Dave

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There should already be a wire from the wiring harness to plug into.
Doug

architect-builder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I added mine, I believe it was the brown wire in the trailer harness that was for the tail/marker lights.

Barrett

RSG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you all, gentlemen.

I did not find an easy 'plug and play' option under there yesterday (WD40) and I dread cutting wires or even using the simple splices (architect-builder). Since all my trailers use the big round plug and I have a 7 round to flat 4 converter anyhow, I went with ... drum roll ...DaveBen's approach. And I don't unplug to get some extra night light when dorking around with the trailer in the dark.

Sure do like my pretty new lights!

Krusty

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have a 2016 Ford F250 and I bought the Anzo USA" 48" 5-Function tailgate bar and installed it. Used the 4 pin plug it came with and all worked well for a month. Now the amber turn signals are not working. I called the company they said to call the place where I bought it since under warranty. while on the phone with them I played with menu settings for the trailer and some how it was working again. Today no go solid red light only nothing else works except for the reverse separate wire. I tried both plugs on the truck and still no go. Any Ideas would be great. Thanks Krusty Out....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhensonsr