trying to find fuel filters-- WHERE??

dsonyay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This thread is mine, and I don't mind at all :)

The ford dealer in Slidell charges 99.00 for the oil change on the 6.4L. Not including taxes, etc. When I have limited time, it's worth the few extra dollars. I guess they prefer to make minimal money on the little things to get you in the door.

johnkid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ive got 635 hrs on the motor and about 13,500 k i haul/tow mostly around LA county when do you recommend i change my fuel filters ? 15,000 k or 20,000 k

DutyCalls08

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I just recently changed both of the fuel filters, the oil filter, and the air filter on my '08 and the price from Ford was pretty darn high. I think the price for all four filters was something over $200 dollars. On the other hand though, I do all of the maintenance myself, so the money I save on labor helps to offset the high price for genuine Ford Motorcraft parts. Ford recommends that the fuel filters be serviced at 15K miles. The service manager told me that when they perform the service, they always bleed the fuel system of trapped air in the lines to prevent stalling. He said to use the schrader valve on top of the motor(looks like a tire valve stem)to let out any air bubbles. I did not do this because the manual says that cycling the key in the ignition several times will purge trapped air in the system, and you don't end up with oily fuel all over your nice new engine. I have had no issues with about 700 miles since the service.

tbrown613

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score

+1.

Bought a set through them recently. Great price, quick delivery. I've heard rumblings from other fellas with fitment problems for the Wix/Fleet filters. The body of the filter holds a filter cover drain valve closed on these trucks. These aftermarket filters are believed to be a slightly different size than Motorcraft and not holding the valve closed during normal operation.

Be careful and good luck.

johnkid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i payed 80 for the kit from ford sheez but i lucked out my buddy from highschool is bigtime diesel mechanic heavy duty, medium duty, and marine he changed my filters for free im glad i kept his number ......

MJ Synthetics

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We carry the fuel filter kit with both filters for a very reasonable price. With pricing and shipping a little cheaper than whats been posted in this thread. Anybody want exact pricing pm me, Amsoil won't allow me to post wholesale pricing in an open forum but they don't regualte all of you people. :D

Dane

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58