Help Needed Tune setting help

mike.germann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I have the DP F5 tuner in my 99 SD 4x4.

In the event I need to pull someone out of mud/snow (etc), does it matter what tune i should use?

-I'm new to the whole 'tuning' bit. It's my third week with a insanely beefed up truck and I'm not about to mess anything up. I figured that it probably wouldn't matter how I have it tuned, as long as I keep an eye on my EGT pyro gauge. Then again, I'm a nube. If anyone has any recommendations, that'd be great.

Thanks everyone.

Last edited:

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
stock or tow
to control wheelspin

Last edited:

mike.germann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright, thanks fellas. I'll use either of those tunes. As far as the actual pulling process goes, what is the best way to pull someone out of mud/snow?

Reason I'm asking is because I have the biggest truck around, and I guarantee I'm going to get the "come get me, I'm stuck" phone call, at some point.
I want to know the best way to use all the equipmet I have.

*Is it best to hook up and roll out slowly to avoid tire spin?
*Should I tug on them?

I also have a 12,000 pound winch.

*Is it best to just try that first?

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Use the winch and NEVER pull them in REVERSE. You could destroy your front end! Always pull going forward.

Dave

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
My above post may be confusing. What I meant was to never use the truck, and not the winch, to pull them out in reverse. That is never hook onto someone and BACK them out of a hole. The front end will not take that much sudden power in reverse. The spider gears will explode.

Dave

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58