turbo backfire????

fly boy

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
My new 07 with 6k miles is starting to make a funny noise. When I let off the go pedal it makes a sort of backfire/fart noise. It does it sometimes and sometimes it doesn't. Power output seems to be fluctuating as well. Sometimes is seems more powerful then others. Any ideas before I take it in to the dealership? I have to put the stock intake on it before I do.

patrickc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not turbo surge coming back up through the intake is it? I would try it first with the OE intake back on it.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Sounds like your EBP sensor took a dump. Take it in to your dealer for some warranty work.

Dave

fxtowboss

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
That's sounds like a turbo fart to me, the turbo on an 06 has no waste gate so it will do that. I dont know about the 07 turbo.

JohnBoyToo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the 6-ohs do have a tendency to turbo fart if the throttle is chopped harder than "easing off" especially if you are accelerating or under load...

when the turbo builds a lot of boost pushing air into the engine and you chop the throttle, all that pressure has to find SOMEWHERE to go and the path of least resistance is back out the air intake...

sorta like holding your nose, closing your mouth and sneezing !!!!
guess which end it comes out of ? :) :) LOL

mjstef

Big Sky Country.........
Reaction score
the 6-ohs do have a tendency to turbo fart if the throttle is chopped harder than "easing off" especially if you are accelerating or under load...

when the turbo builds a lot of boost pushing air into the engine and you chop the throttle, all that pressure has to find SOMEWHERE to go and the path of least resistance is back out the air intake...

sorta like holding your nose, closing your mouth and sneezing !!!!
guess which end it comes out of ? :) :) LOL

fart.gif
fart.gif
fart.gif
fart.gif
fart.gif

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member