Question Turbo EGT up and loss of boost

lsutes

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have an '05 F250 6.0L. Recently the check engine light came on during a trip from Sacramento to Seattle. The dealer said that the turbo was coked up. They took it out and cleaned it up and replaced it. It worked much better, but it did not generate quite as much boost as previously. It used to generate 24, but did not get much past 20 after the rebuild. It is now getting hotter and the boost is down to 15-16 and the temp is running over 1,100 degrees. It never went much over a 1,000 before. How hot can it run before damage occurs? Any thoughts on causes?

Last edited:

ckamp52

ckamp52
Reaction score
well you can go on avg to 1200* before you need to start thinkgin about letting out of it. Do you have any mods done to your truck or is it stock? need a little more info to get ya any further

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
The dealer said that the turbo was coked up. They took it out and cleaned it up and replaced it.
:dunno:confused:

OK, so are you saying they cleaned the turbo, re-installed it?

OR, they cleaned that turbo and replaced it with another?

The way you stated it makes it sound like they cleaned your turbo, but went ahead and installed another one.

Am I reading that right, or did my word translating device in the temporal lobe skip a neuron?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58