Question turbo psi

2005superstroke

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
what is typical for turbo psi on a stock 6.0L? my turbo never gets above 20 psi according to my gauge. is this normal? also, what additional guages should i get and what brands?

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
I never had a gauge on mine when stock, but after some upgrades (tuner, IC, boost tubes, intake, exhaust) I think mine would hit around 28 to 30 on the stock turbo.

When I upgraded to a better tuner (SCT), I could hit 32 to 34 easy on a 150hp tune and stock turbo.

I really like the ISSPRO gauges in my truck. They match the factory cluster in color & illumination and come with very good install instructions.

2005superstroke

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
i wonder if the stock gauge is right??? what SCT do you have and who tuned it? do you have any pics of your gauges? are they on the pillar? looks like the ? key on my computer is getting worn out....

Reaction score
that stock one is gay

HPIM0070.jpg

ckamp52

ckamp52
Reaction score
i have the same gauges as big rooster does on my 05'...and between the stock and my aftermarket boost gauge i see about a 3-4 psi difference whether or not thats enough to worry about i dont know it was just cheaper to buy em all then try to piece it together.

2005superstroke

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
i can't really tell from the pic, but it looks like you have boost, pyro and trans temp as the three gauges. i wonder if i need the trans temp if i have a manual trans.?? how hard was the install, im guessing a couple of hours? did the mount come with the gauges and did it match your interior color, or did you have to paint it?

Reaction score

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
nice question.. my truck when to ford today so i took it back to stock this morning and with the truck completely stock i hit 30 psi and it shocked the crap out of me.... I have autometer z series gauges and with my custom tuned SCT (eric from innovative) i have tacked my gauge out at 35 psi before..

stock one is accurate but only up to like 25 i think

ckamp52

ckamp52
Reaction score
mine is also a manual and i didnt install the tranny i jst did two gauges and the paint i got at auto zone matches perfect i dont remmeber which it was but ....and yeah i dnt think i have ever hit that hi on stock

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F350 On Track