Turbo ring snapped

clintusaf

Clint
Reaction score
So tonight i snapped my turbo ring. I was in the process of loosening my entire exhaust because it was sitting on a bolt on my tranny crossmember. I previously had done this, stuck some wood between the exhaust and the frame to pry it away from the bolt and tightened it back down and it solved my problem for about three years. Then i actually towed something heavy(about 14000 lbs) for the first time in years and it seemed to loosen my exhaust enough to start rattling on the crossmember bolt again. So my first wuestion is:

1. Can i drive with it like this? This is my daily driver and i need it to be operational. My guess is no, but i just figured i would ask for your opinions.

2. Where is somewhere that i can get a good replacement turbo ring within two days?

Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

Clint

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
7.3 Turbo ring ?

Need more info Clint. What broke an Where is it broke ??

Joe

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The clamp ? Not the housing ? If it's just the V (band) clamp.. I've bought them at NAPA. Take the broken one with you.. to make a match. They're kinda generic exhaust parts.. not FORD specific ??

Joe

clintusaf

Clint
Reaction score
Called everywhere today on this and nobody had it in stock. Ended up ordering it from the dealership and it will be here by 0900 tomorrow. Thanks.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg