Turbo Timers

Discussion in '6.7L PowerStroke Engine & Drivetrain' started by 01yellerCobra, Jul 23, 2015.

1. 01yellerCobra

01yellerCobra Full Access Member

So it seems that getting a turbo timer for these trucks is a good idea. What timers are you guys running? I'm guessing it has to be tapped into the ignition circuit to work correctly.

A thought I had, and I'm sure this will show how much of a newb I am, is using the remote start as a timer. The truck stays locked and it'll shut down after a few minutes. Or is there something with the remote start so I can't do that?

2. DaveBen

DaveBen SDD Senior Member

I have never heard of a turbo timer, and I have been around a day or two... What are you trying to do? These trucks can be equipped with a remote start that allows you to hit a button from your home or office (and other places) and remotely start up your truck. :dunno

Dave :)

3. 01yellerCobra

01yellerCobra Full Access Member

A turbo timer keeps the engine running for a little while after turning the key off. It helps cool down the turbo before everything shuts off.

My truck has a remote start from the factory. I can set it to run for 5, and 10, or 15 minutes before it turns off by itself.

4. DaveBen

DaveBen SDD Senior Member

I just let my truck sit at idle for a few minutes. I live in a safe place to do this and not San Diego. Thanks for the information.

Dave ;tu