Question turbo whistle

massie

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
greetings....... I have a 99.5.. Mods are improved intake ,Dp tuner,zoodad,wicked wheel etc.. I also have the walker big truck muffler ! I wasnt sure I wanted the full sound... My Question is after installing the WW I dont seem to have the whistle like other trucks... I noticed a couple of 97s with muffler deletesthat scream> In order to get the full sound do I need to remove the walker and straight pipe.....thanks

silverF250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good question. I didn't notice much turbo whistle until after the wicked wheel, but I do have 5" exhaust with a muffler. Have you done the foil delete mod?

PStroked444

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Yes the BTM wil quiet it down. Do the foil delete mod too. Tymar intake will help with the sound. Have fun!! :D

beast1

Bart
Reaction score
I am not trying to be stupid, but what is the foil delete mod? What does it do? And how easy is it to do? thanks

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not trying to be stupid, but what is the foil delete mod? What does it do? And how easy is it to do? thanks

Ford/IH put the foil on the I/C inlet tube to reduce the Turbo noise (whine) after complaints from a good number of consumers.

Removing it will allow a bit more of the whine to be heard by those of us that like it.

There are many ways of removing it.. my method was to.. remove the tube(s) and use heat from my shop torch and a pair of Vise-grips to peel it off, cleaned off the residual glue with Acetone, then some OOps. Sanded the whole tube(s) with 80 grit sandpaper and spray painted both tubes with High-Temp semi-gloss black paint.

:dunno

Hoss 350

My GSP, Dutch
Reaction score
My guess is that with the Walker, the WW and the mods you have listed, she whistles like crazy, but you just can't hear it inside the cab.

Have someone drive it past you, stand on the exhaust side, and enjoy.

She whistles, man, i promise..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58