Question Turning 50K any Tips, tricks, or ideas.

Mac Land

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Ok so my 2008 F250 4x2 6.4L (D) is going to turn 50,000. I am going to do everything listed on the owner’s manual, as much as I can on my own. Then I’m taking my truck down to the dealer (for the second time ever) to do the rest.

Do you guys have any suggestions about this process, or any maintenance issues that I should add to my already long 50K list?

Do you suggest I use anything else other than Motorcraft parts for any of the process? (I.e. use a better brand of glow plugs) Any small upgrades I should do during the process?

Any tips to save a buck or two?

Thanks Guys!

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you do it yourself you will save about a $100.00 by changing out the fuel filters and I would only use Motorcraft parts, and keep the receipt from where you bought them.
Doug

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
x2 on the Motorcraft parts..
for is threatening to void warranties if any other brand is used..

I didn't say you have to like it..

Fine69

Reaction score
x2 on the Motorcraft parts..
for is threatening to void warranties if any other brand is used..

I didn't say you have to like it..

Thats EXACTLY what the Magnusson-Moss Act is for. Ford CANNOT void any warranty for using aftermarket replacement parts. While I also suggest using Motorcraft parts, that's just a false statement!

Mac Land

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about upgrading my shocks and really doing a detailed cleaning and lubing of the suspencion system. Using a leveling system in the front and spacers in the back to to up a even 2.5 inches all around giving me the stock rake and height of a 4x4 version of the same truck. (the 4x2 is just a little too squat for me) Do I have to worry about voiding warranties then?

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never heard anyone say Ford dealer giving them a hard time about a 2.5 in front end lift, and Yes I would go for the new shocks for sure. I replaced mine at about 50,000 miles and it made a big different's.
Doug

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58