Question TW 6 pos install finished

ssonnier

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Just installed the TW chip yesterday. I have the mods below and just put on a set of 33" tires. The issue I'm having is it seems like the last three positions are not working. The positions I have are. Stock, High Idle, Daily, Tow, Heavy Tow, and Street. I get a little puff of smoke changing gears in daily and I can feel the extra get up in butt dyno. But it feels like the Tow, Heavy Tow, and street all feel like stock except for a little turbo flutter at high RPM shifting. Did I install it incorrectly? I'm not really going to judge by the amount of smoke being put out because IMO that isn't always a sign of power. But shouldn't I see a little more than nothing on the street setting? Also I ordered it and told Tony I had a full exhaust. I am installing that today. Right now it is stock DP and straight out the back. I'm going 4" turbo back. Could that be what's restricting me?

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
with the heavy tow you should notice a difference in transmission shifting namely holding gears a bit longer. I don't think that there's a way to install the chip and have some programs work and others not unless you cut some wires going to the selector knob or something of the like.

Call Tony and get his input.

ssonnier

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I tried to call him today. I'll check back with him again later this evening. I have a 6 speed by the way so I wouldn't be able to tell if it was changing shift point either way.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Once you get the 4" exhaust on.. I'm thinking your issues may go away. The down pipe crushed the way it is.. stock.. and the rest of the crush bends won't let the exhaust flow like it needs to (CFM), even straight piped.. with the TW chip. Any chip, for that matter ?

Joe

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58