Two Cycle Oil

snicklas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I know on the older diesels (6.9 and 7.3 IDI and the 7.3 PSD) there are several people that use the TCW-3 ashless two cycle oil in their fuel to help replace some of the list lubricity from the LSD/ULSD now being sold. I normally run Diesel Kleen in my 6.0 (White Bottle in winter, silver in summer). I can tell a difference when I am vs not running the Diesel Kleen, since it is a Cetane booster, lubricity adder.

Would running the TCW-3 Ashless Two Cycle oil be beneficial in a 6.0. I know it will help with the lubricity, but with how sensitive the injectors are, and the EGR / Cat would I be causing more harm that good. I know it is "ashless" so it should not add any soot......

Has anyone been running two cycle oil in their 6.0?

snicklas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I guess what I am asking is can I cause any problems by using the TWC-3 in a 6.0. I am 100% stock with the EGR and Factory Turbo..... I do not want to cause sooting/coking issues but trying to squeek a bit more out with the TCW-3

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess what I am asking is can I cause any problems by using the TWC-3 in a 6.0. I am 100% stock with the EGR and Factory Turbo..... I do not want to cause sooting/coking issues but trying to squeek a bit more out with the TCW-3

IMO, it won't hurt anything on any diesel. Try it in the correct ratio for a couple'a fill-ups. See whatcha think.

Some have reported a: "It seems to run better" kinda thing. Not Whiz-Bang, just better.

Mixed at the right ratio (1oz per 1gl), it's Ashless, so sooting/coking wouldn't be a problem.

Try it ? :dunno

Joe

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58