Upfitter Switches & High Idle

ISurvivedNMU

Reaction score
I put these in my truck, and they are well worth every penny! It is a 20 minute job, once you know where to mount the fuse block. The full instructions are HERE :sweet

triplethreat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
could it be possible to add upfitter switches like that to an '04 model I think they would be a good adition even though i hate doing wiring. Or would it be too much work to be worthwhile

Dan

ISurvivedNMU

Reaction score
It really would be easy, I'm working on an 03 right now, and the switches fit in the dash, but needs a 1" spacer to cover whats left of the open hole. The wiring is as easy as finding a good power connection (battery) and a switched power lead... They are also great for other truck (chevys & Dodges), they just need a backing plate to bolt to the dash.. I have not got into that yet...

Dale_Lakin

Powerstroke Wannabe Owner
Reaction score
triplethreat said:
could it be possible to add upfitter switches like that to an '04 model I think they would be a good adition even though i hate doing wiring. Or would it be too much work to be worthwhile

Dan

Nope the harness is designed for 05-up. I suppose if you wanted to modify it you might be able to use it but it will not be a plug and play.

Ford_Forgotton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ISurvivedNMU said:
It really would be easy, I'm working on an 03 right now, and the switches fit in the dash, but needs a 1" spacer to cover whats left of the open hole.

Or you can purchase the 05 lower dash panel. Everything else is the same, just the cubby hole is different. Depends how much you want to spend or fight with modifications.

Max Power

Reaction score
I never thought of that. I wonder what a 05 panel would be worth? I also would like to know what the brake control is worth.

Dale_Lakin

Powerstroke Wannabe Owner
Reaction score
Max Power said:
I never thought of that. I wonder what a 05 panel would be worth? I also would like to know what the brake control is worth.
It is a little over $300 to add it on Tony. Plus a trip to the dealer to turn it on. Of course this is for an 05-up only right now until some one figures out how to reprogram the PCM to accept it on the older models.

Here is the info on it:

Broadcast Message 3938 - 2005 F-Super Duty - Dealer Installation Of Two Command System - Service Tip

If a tow command system (TBC) trailer brake controller is dealer - installed on a 2005 F- Super Duty that did not come from the factory with the tow command system, the controller may not operate and function as designed unless a brake pressure transducer equipped master cylinder is installed and the instrument cluster is reconfigured. To configure the cluster using WDS (cannot use NGS): identify vehicle; select toolbox icon; from list on left side of screen select "module programming" and hit tick button; select the programmable parameter item and a sub-menu will appear. In this sub-menu, select "personality" and hit tick button; select "trailer brake controller" then select "equipped". Master cylinder installation and cluster reconfiguration to complete dealer-installation of the Tow Command System are not warrantable.

BTW the site is not "remembering" me and I have to log in every time I come back to the boards...

Reaction score
How about that high idle wire - anyone know if there is such a thing on an 04???

I already have all the switches I need but would really like to get rid of the AIC and just have a simple switch.

Anyone?

Ron

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64