Upgrade AM/FM to AM/FM/CD '08 SD

2kflhr

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I'm new to the forums so Hello!

I have a question maybe one of you can help with.

I have a '08 F-250 SD V-10 company truck. It came as a plain jane work truck with PS, PB, Air, Trailer Brake and AM/FM radio w/ frt. doors speakers only. I just so happened to run across a guy on Craigslist that has some OEM audio equipment for sale so I bought an '08 Ford AM/FM/single CD head unit for it and installed it. It plays well and sounds good although I'm missing the rear speakers. I checked the rear speaker ports in the corner of the body and the wiring harness and speaker plug was at each speaker port so I got a pair of the factory speakers to install. I plugged them in but the rear speakers will not play. I pulled the head unit to look for the speaker wires (at the radio) but it appears the rear speaker wires never terminated into to the plug that goes into the back of the radio. It seems odd to me that Ford would run the speaker wires to the rear ports but not terminate them at the radio plug. I looked around for them up in the dash to no avail.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Thanks

Last edited:

2kflhr

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Well, well, well..... I'd at least thought someone would have some input. No worry though, I've got the OEM's in the back and the AM-FM-CD/MP3 in the front.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58