Upgrade

flyguy51

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have an '06 F250 with the 6.0 PSD with about 42K on it and will shortly be coming off of warenty and I'm thinking about making some changes. I'm not interested in making it more powerful but I do want to change the exhaust system and go with bigger air intake and turbo componants to help my truck "breath" better. Ever since I've been considering doing this I've seen a lot of adds for Banks but I can't seem to find any comparisons with other manufacturers of similar equipment. I would appreciate any input that anyone has as well as personal expierence.

Thanks Flyguy51

MONSTERPLOW

Cloud Booster 500HP
Reaction score
SEARCH it dude ........the possibilities are endless

everyone goes with the 4-5"" magnaflo exhaust , afe cold air intake , and INNOVATIVE TUNES from Eric at first .

then an egr delete and headstuds are in order :stir

Todd Tumbleston

Tumblestone
Reaction score
I think Banks engineering is unsurpassed. However, I don't think any two trucks are alike.... Just because something works well for one guy does not mean it will work well for the other guy....Banks is expensive! I think the biggest key is to monitor what is going on.....Trans temp, pyrometer etc...There are a lot of guys that will offer their opinions in this forum and i have listened to quit a few of them...Still, you'll make the decision in the end and if money is no issue, GO ALL OUT! Call and request information on all of the systems out there. Then compare... But beware! We all tend to toot our own horn when it comes to what we believe.....ME, I have a straight piped exhaust, Banks Intercooler, K&N cold air intake and a Diablosport Tuner. I wouldn't buy the diablosport again..it's not installed now..I have a blown headgasket (i think) and have to get it fixed.....I am going to have ARP head bolts installed and also am going to do the EGR delete. Dammit! If that don't fix the ole girl for a long time i'm pushing her off the nearest cliff....Good Luck;tu

6.0L Power Stroke Power Recipes - Ford Diesel Trucks - Diesel Power Magazine

Check out this link............

Last edited:

Jetpilot1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
upgrades

The exhaust and say, intercooler upgrades will help the 6.0 breathe better, but I would stay stock on the intake.

The reason to stay stock on the intake is it is the best filter out there, and flows well enough to support moderate HP increases, while protecting the turbo and the engine. I agree that Banks probably does the best engineering.

HeavyAssault

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you increase anything with the turbo you will need more than just an exhaust and intake.

All the previous posts are great info. Stay stock on the air intake, go with an MBRP exhaust. You could swap in an intercooler and a Accufab power elbow.

Todd Tumbleston

Tumblestone
Reaction score
i'm gathering that most guys are loving the SCT tuner.....I'm trying to get more info and dump my diablosport and get a custom tuned SCT tuner. If it will be an improvement. I guess it's all in the money you are willing to dump into the truck... I'm leaving in about an hour to take my 03 with 80k miles to the dealer to have the headgaskets replaced.... Probably will go with the ARP head studs.....I think these trucks are worst than a boat.... which stands for...... bring out another thousand..... FORD.. I GOT IT>>>>>>Fork Out Repeated Dollars..................YES:lmao

Anyway, l'd love to have a banks tuner setup but I cant afford it... Especially not now...

ckamp52

ckamp52
Reaction score
i have an aftermarket intake and exhaust along with the other mods in my sig and runs like a champ. We now know that the stoke intake is good up to aroiund 500 hp so you should be good with that. if you do get an aftermarket just stay away from the k&n systems for these trucks and as mentioned i thinkg mbrp is about the best bang for the buck on the exhaust end. As far as tuners sct is the best for a programmer which i have and i also have a quadzilla "chip" and it runs good too. i think that most will agree on here that a lot of the banks tuners and such are over rated and expensive.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64