use this anyone?

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
i havent used that exact stuff, but i have used the colinite paste wax that comes in a tin.
THE GOOD: best coat of wax i have ever laid on a vehicle
THE BAD: the most un-workable darn stuff in the world. took me 3 hours or so to do the mustang.

Yooper75

Boost Junky
Reaction score

Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is a great long lasting wax. There are some secrets to its use. Put it on thin, as thin as you can get it. If it looks like a light smear then it is about right. Also, have some quick detailer on hand, the mequiars stuff they sell at Autozone is good enough, and whne you cannot get some wax off, you can spritz the area with the quick detailer, and it will usually come right off. Make sure you also use microfiber towels. It is one of those thigns that lends itself to a better quality finish.

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
scooter-

so you are saying that if it dries on too long and i cant buff it out to spray on 'some detailer' it will come off?? WILL any detailer work? cuz i believe i have some turtle wax ice somethingorruther on the shelf. iirc someone at work did say to use it pretty 'thin' when i was doing the work truck.

but here is my little secret: our LA (landscape architect) told me he put 2 quarter sized wads into the soapy water and then washed his truck (he just gets a half a truck) and he said it washed/dried up real nice...any thoughts on that.

i did do that to my dump truck and it turned out pretty good. looked good and shiny dry.

Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That will work, but, the trade off is the durability. Soap, especially dish soap, and strong degreasers will break down wax, because wax is in the grease family, or a similar chemical make up to the grease family.

And, yes, any quick detailer will work to remove wax buildup. You can also use a teaspoon to a quart of baby shampoo and it will have the same effect, because it is made from a different type of soap.

Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As the remover. It is not as aggrassive as typical soaps and detergents, because it has to be gentle for babies. And face it, you truck is your baby... I think that the active ingredient in baby shampoo is Sodium Laureth Sulfate, and other soaps and Sodium Hydroxide, potassium hydroxide, and or Trisodium Phosphate. All of those are not wax friendly compounds.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58