Vacuum line?

Ironmerganser

Ironmerganser
Reaction score
So I was driving home in 29 degree weather today and I had no heat. The controls were working fine (auto climate control) but it was just blowing cold air. Coolant level is fine, but I heard a "hissing" and the little plastic vacuum line that runs from the coolant tank, across the top of the radiator, and then into what looks to be some sort of actuator, was brittle and broken in a couple of places.

So....I took it off and am assuming I can just replace it with normal rubber vacuum line?

Also, would that have anything to do with my heat loss? The heat just worked about a month ago when I was on a hunting trip in Canada, but haven't had to turn it on since.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

Ironmerganser

Ironmerganser
Reaction score
So its not the vacuum line but I believe I have the dreaded blending door actuator problem. Did a bunch of research on the net last night and sounds like that is my problem. Has anyone come up with a better fix for this?

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
blend door motors should be pretty cut and dried..they either work or they don't.

I was under the impression they're electric on the '08's?

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know that problem well. You have any heat at all? I had heat on the drivers side but not the passenger side. One blend door is behind the radio mounting box there is a round hole in the very back when you pull the radio. You'll see it. The blend door is just to the right looking at the hole. The other is down at the carpet line behind the air tubing to the passenger side that warms the feet on the trans. hump. This one is a pain in the butt to get too. Go to youtube and look for blend doors fix for 08 f250 ford trucks. It should pop up. Look for this guy "srmastertech" you can email this guy and he'll email you back. He and I have talked about a few thing I need fix on my truck.

Ironmerganser

Ironmerganser
Reaction score
I have just cold air on the drivers side and normal operation on the passenger side. I am still trying to figure out if the drivers side is the one on top or the one on the bottom. Either way it looks like a beezach to replace.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The one behind the radio is the passenger side air temp. control. The one on the floor is the driver side air temp. control.

Last edited:

Ironmerganser

Ironmerganser
Reaction score
Well.....I become obsessed and decided to install new speakers, back up camera and sound deadening so my entire interior is out.......but that is another post..

As for the blend door actuator......don't fool yourself......ITS A BEEZACH to get out. However.....I did get it out with a 1/4 inch ratchet, extension and wobble socket. It took a lot of finesse and a WHOLE lot of colorful language, but it is possible to get it out. It is a lot easier if you take the passenger seat and center console out so you have room to move. I picked up the new actuator today and will be installing it this weekend. I am sure it will go in as "easy" as it came out.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58