"Vibration"??? Only above 3200 rpm

altaford

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hi all, new to the forum.

Just got a new-to-me 05 F350 CC LWB, 6.0l auto.
Truck is in awesome shape, runs and drives excellent. Only potential problem I've noticed is a "vibration", or "growl" at about 3200 rpm or higher. It will do it when moving, or if revved in neutral. Not really noticable at highway speeds, but of course there is a certain amount of road noise, etc at that point.

Haven't dealt with the 6l animal much, just wondering if this might sound at all familiar to anyone.

Thanks.

keanoknick

Big Stroker
Reaction score
I haven't ever noticed anything like that with my truck, but I don't get the RPM that high real often.

Sorry I can't be of more help to you, Good luck!

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
6.0 doesnt defuel till over 4k rpm

my 6.0 makes the 3200-3500 odd vibe like a throwout bearing going away on a manual. like something expanding and not knowing where to go back to. i really only notice it if i am getting on it, but not at steady state. i bet the serpentine belt is close to flying off or something :D
i just live with it since it hasnt grenaded yet :D:sly

altaford

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I was kinda thinking it could be a bearing on the alt or something, it runs so nice and smooth otherwise.
It is most when stepping on it hard, just before it shifts is when I can hear it most.

caissiel

Laurent
Reaction score
Mine seam to vibrate more then my GM 6.5L, I seldom rev it past 2500 because of the vibration and rumble. I have a standard and also have an Idler bearing on this truck. The Idler bearings is sitting in rubber and I feel it could be part of the driveline vibration I am getting.

avaya

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
my excursion did the samse thing every time i got near 80 mph. it turned out to be my air pressure in my tires were off. after i cranked them back up and got all 4 the same it was smooth as could be.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14