viper 5901 install

missingsc331

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have done some searching and found nothing related to the actual install. Many recommend it however, is there any special steps that need to be taken during this install. i found this wiring chart is this all the information i need? Vehicle wiring diagrams thanks for yalls help, you have yet to let me down.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Your link shows nothing, but if you are looking at the 2005-2007 Ford F-250/350 diagrams, yes this should be all you need. I have NOT installed this alarm system, so be ware.

Dave

missingsc331

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i guess the link doesnt take you straight there but yeah the 2005 f250/350 but ive read that you may need to wire in a GEM wake up if the doors do not unlock after 5 minutes of sitting. does anyone know what this entails? thanks for your help, this will be my first install and i dont want to go into it blind.

clintusaf

Clint
Reaction score
I would pay the money and have it professionally installed. had mine done in dallas for $125. I am fairly knowleadgeable when it comes to electronics. in fact, thats what i do in the miitary. After i did the research and got all the wiring diagrams and started it, i realized real quick its a job for a pro. i have a remote start/security system by avital. is the 5901 a combo or just a remote start?

Not saying you cant do it, just makin sure you know what your gettin yourself into. my avital warranty also stayed valid having an authorized dealer install it as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58