Volant Intake

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
Well I got my intake from TxAtty on Monday and got it installed today. I've only seen a few people with a Volant intake in their sig during the couple of years of me being an internet diesel mechanic.

The CAI is basically a AFE stage 1 or Airaid intake but with a whole new air box all the way around the filter. It sucks air from the fender hole and the zoodad inlet. Also replaces the intake tract from filter to CCV. The filter has a 4.5" inlet which my old Airaid was only a 4", also is a Pro-guard 7 filter!:thumbs

I haven't driven it much since the install but I did notice it took less time to cool off to 300* at shutdown. This is a nice intake but prolly would have never gotten one if TxAtty hadn't won it in a giveaway. How's the right foot syndrome now with the Evo Peter?:D

RSG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks sharp! :sweet

What is the reason for two air sources and a box surrounding the filter, instead of just opening up the whole section back of the battery like in the AFE S2? There's a lot of open space below for an air source in my rig so I don't understand the idea, I guess. Thanks.

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
RSG said:
What is the reason for two air sources and a box surrounding the filter

It's C.A.R.B. approved, some inspection stations here require a box around the filter like they came from the factory. This allows it to be 50 state legal and still bring in sufficient cold air.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64