Walker BTM install without reusing s-pipe...

BK Meyers

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Recently had the Walker BTM (#21470)muffler installed on my 2000 model crew cab. We did this without reusing the factory s-pipe section of the exhaust system. After cutting the old muffler out of the system we added a 5"-6" long piece of tubing to the muffler outlet. We then cut the s-pipe section from the stock exhaust system and joined the inlet of the muffler to the remaining exhaust tubing.

This allowed us to do away with 90 degree bends of the s-pipe. The system is now almost a straight shot into the muffler. The existing exhaust as it enters the muffler is at an approx. 165-170 degree angle (very close to straight in). The exit angle is the same or better.

This method also reduced the estimated labor time for the installation.

The muffler does hang at an angle (forward), but the ground clearance is still better than what the stock muffler had.

Now with the Wix/Napa #6637 air filter (homemade tymar intake) and the Walker BTM the truck feels much better on acceleration. With the filter, muffler, parts and labor I'm still under $125.00 for these mods.

Next up is the 203 degree thermostat and then I'm done!!!

Later,
BK Meyers

Glassdude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BK Thanks for the info. Since my tranny probs are going to take away money saved for a new exhaust system. The BTM is going to be my next mod.

Mike

Dieselsmoke

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Installed the BTM on my 02 SC without adding any pipe & used the original hangers. It sits almost perfectly level. Did it myself. It wasn't a bit of fun, but well worth it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14