Walker DynoMax Exhaust

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
anybody got one?

feedback good or bad?

for my truck all I need is the mid-pipe, tail pipe and muffler...

I can do it for like $250....

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
Not sure about truck system, but I had one on a mustang years ago and it was a good system for a good price. See the bug in your sig. How do you like it?

caissiel

Laurent
Reaction score
I had one on my 90 6.2L without a turbo. It sure was a great system. The muffler and Tails were all SS. might put one on my Ford later when this one is gone.

NASCAR Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Walker BTM (Big Truck Muffler) on my 05 X.

You'll need to cut the hangers off the old muffler and weld them onto the BTM in approximately the same places. The hanger ends that attach to the truck are not moved.

Just clamping the pipes onto the muffler will probably be adequate, but any decent muffler man is going to clamp it together then weld it up tight. Since you must have a welding machine handy anyway - to weld the hangers from the old muffler onto the new muffler - it's not much more work to go ahead and use the same welding machine to finish the job.

You'll need two 3.5" muffler clamps. Not available at most auto parts stores. Not available at most muffler shops that specializes in cars and light pickups. Order online or you may have to go to a truck parts store to get them.

The trick to the install is to remove the "S" pipe in front of the muffler and turn it over - 180 degrees. The result is a straight shot from the exhaust pipe to the tail pipe - and the BTM needs a straight shot.

The BTM is several inches longer than the stock muffler. So part of the install is to remove the right amount of exhaust pipe from the S pipe. Measure carefully.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
John I've had a Dynomax Superturbo system on my 90 5.0L since 1993,no problems with corrosion or anything,just a great sounding system;tu

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14