Water in Fuel light after 2 min.

sandman0125

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, this is my first post on the website. I live in Austin , TX and have a 07 f250 superduty 4x4. I have had this problem for a year or so. The water in fuel light came on about a year ago, changed filters and drained water in both filters. Have repeated this many times with no change. The light comes on after the engine has come on after 2 min or so everytime I start it. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, Jason

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
Welcome, you probably have crud in your HFCM on the water in fuel sensor. Need to pull the cover to clean it out. Have you drained water from the HFCM from the plug?

sandman0125

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Ya I drained the water from both places numerous times! Ford said it would cost me 600 bucks to fix. I asked them what was wrong and they gave me a manual of the housing, how to take apart and clean. So you must be talking about the same thing. Crazy that cost 600 bucks ha ???? I am going to try that and see what happens. Thanks for the help !

2 Stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya I drained the water from both places numerous times! Ford said it would cost me 600 bucks to fix. I asked them what was wrong and they gave me a manual of the housing, how to take apart and clean. So you must be talking about the same thing. Crazy that cost 600 bucks ha ???? I am going to try that and see what happens. Thanks for the help !
$600 is crazy the junk is shorting it out just need to pull apart and get a can of cleaner save yourself about $575 here is a good post from Powerstrokenation
HFCM Draining - PowerStrokeNation
2 stroker

sandman0125

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Awesome, and the pics show it perfectly! I checked out the website for the upgraded drain plug,,,,, $16.99. Crazy ! I am going to tackle this in a couple weeks, I will let you know how it goes. Thanks for all the help and the links!!!

sandman0125

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I checked the link again on the upgraded plug but it was for 03 thru 06. I guess I will call them to see what they have for a 07. And that filter assembly is the one under the hood or below the driver seat? Or do both of them need to be cleaned out ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14