Water Pump Filter Boss

jlayne

Paint Sniffer
Reaction score
Seen this in another thread and didn't want to hijack so i started a new one.

Daryl and Dale said that navistar and ford used a filter boss on the front cover (i'm assuming) just curious can this be used in a superduty would be nice to not add any more hoses and just have a filter.... anybody got a drawing to compare?

Why am I asking this... well my water pump started dribbling over the weekend and why replace when you can upgrade :D

Ford_Forgotton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dale would have to confirm exactly, but the International trucks had the filter boss built into the waterpump.

Ford dumped it.

I want to say you can install the international pump, but you'll need to use the international thermistat too.

Dale_Lakin

Powerstroke Wannabe Owner
Reaction score
The inlet comes in the opposite side. Yes all Navistars and 2000-2003 use the filter boss pump it is part of the pump. Not sure if this picture will work or not hot linking it. If it doesn't I will attach it later...

73_WP.jpg

I know I have read that people have used this style pump but I don't know what lower hose configuration they used to route to the opposite side of the pump?? :dunno

O yeah FF is correct you will need a different T-stat as well.

jlayne

Paint Sniffer
Reaction score
sweet, that would be cool as a cucumber in my truck... now if i can just figure out how to get the hoses to line up

i just got back in from looking around under the hood and that pump looks like it would be very easy to install.... some problems i could see (dale might could answer some of them)

on the upper radiator hose... i know i will need a different T-stat but what about the neck on top will mine work with only a new t-stat in it? that would make the stock upper hose work

second the transmission cooler lines will need to be bent a tad to get the lower hose up through there

again this might be a incorrect assumption but i think the stock lower hose will work... assuming it would slip over the outlet on the left of that pump... just cut it off and rotate it up, the part of the hose that runs left and right in the truck is directly (or close) under the water pump

lastly does this pump have all the necessary holes for all the junk ford has running into it (sensors/heater hose)

lastly how much does this baby run $$$

i wish i could verify this info with someone that has done it just to see that everything works well together... that would probably push me over the edge and i'd have to buy one...do you know where you read about someone doing it dale, this would be a cool mod?

well thanks fellas, dale i'll probably bee giving yall a call and order a pump when ever i decide i have put enough coolant through my truck LOL

Tripp16

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Here's a list of part numbers to install the international/navistar water pump with the integral filter boss on 94-97 ford trucks with 7.3 power stroke diesel.

Water Pump, Upgrade to International type with Integral Filter
- 1831676C92 International water pump w/filter
- 1817958C1 30mm bolts (3)
- 1817811C1 60mm bolts (2)
- 1818693C1 110mm bolts (4)
- WF2071 Fleetguard coolant filter w/ 4 units SCA
- upper radiator hose NAPA 8825
- lower radiator hose NAPA 8763 (use this for Int. water pump w/filter)
- 3/4NPT x 1" male hose barb Dixon 10016-112
Water Pump Inlet Pipe Gasket (o-ring)
(Ford) F81Z-8255-AA

jlayne

Paint Sniffer
Reaction score
got it... i sent ya one back but the connection here has been wierd today, so it might have gotten lost, let me know if ya didn't get it

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58