Water pump leaks

f100cleveland

When In Doubt,THROTTLE ON
Reaction score
After 178k my pump finally bit the dust. Was pulling my 30 ft flatbed when it started to blow antifreeze so I had to call a freind with a dodge :doh: to come haul me home on my trailier. I got a price of $160 for a new pump at our local Bumper to bumper store. Rebuilts were $195 :dunno Should I change out my green antifreeze for the gold stuff or just leave it the same? Are there any benifits to the gold?

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
f100cleveland said:
After 178k my pump finally bit the dust. Was pulling my 30 ft flatbed when it started to blow antifreeze so I had to call a freind with a dodge :doh: to come haul me home on my trailier. I got a price of $160 for a new pump at our local Bumper to bumper store. Rebuilts were $195 :dunno Should I change out my green antifreeze for the gold stuff or just leave it the same? Are there any benifits to the gold?
from my reasearch you don't have to add additive. It's also supposed to be good for 100K but have read to change it at 50K. I will be doing the upperhose mod, 203 mod, and gold ZEREX G05 mod all at once.

f100cleveland

Reaction score
whatabudro said:
from my reasearch you don't have to add additive. It's also supposed to be good for 100K but have read to change it at 50K. I will be doing the upperhose mod, 203 mod, and gold ZEREX G05 mod all at once.
Got the pump on today after work and flushed out the system 3 times with the stat out to get the green out. I'm going to drive it and flush it a couple more times just to make sure I get it clean. I have a bottle of Ford additive but if you don't have to add any. :dunno

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
f100cleveland said:
Got the pump on today after work and flushed out the system 3 times with the stat out to get the green out. I'm going to drive it and flush it a couple more times just to make sure I get it clean. I have a bottle of Ford additive but if you don't have to add any. :dunno

Fire1 gave me his spare bottle a while back. He changed to gold and it will hold me off long enough til spring. Thanks Kevin

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Don't add the Ford additive to the GOLD coolant. It is not compatable with it. You will not need to add anything.

Dave

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
DaveBen said:
Don't add the Ford additive to the GOLD coolant. It is not compatable with it. You will not need to add anything.

Dave
I didn't make myself clear. I use the additive until I change to gold then I wont be needing it Sorry Budro

f100cleveland

Reaction score
DaveBen said:

Dave
Thats for the info on the additive. Do you have to test the gold antifreeze or just go the 50 or 100k then change it?

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
f100cleveland said:
Thats for the info on the additive. Do you have to test the gold antifreeze or just go the 50 or 100k then change it?

I am going on what Ford said. Just change at the proper intervals and don't test or add anything. Sounds too good to be true, but who knows?

Dave :cowboy:

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Svttim