waxing the truck for the first time!

clintusaf

Clint
Reaction score
So i have the day off Friday and plan on getting the body looking nice and spiffy. i am looking for suggestions on what to use. here is what i have to take care of.

1. about 5 paint chips, biggest being about the size of a nickel. i was thinking about getting some of the paint from one of the local auto parts stores or walmart, but none of them seem to have them in black for ford. Whats the best method to repair this myself?
Also, where do i find the color code for my paint?

2. I have lots of scratches in my clear coat. What would you guys suggest for this?

ive heard about the mcquires clay bar, but not exactly sure what and how it works. :dunno

IHC Power

STOCK STROKE
Reaction score
Cleaning/waxing

Clintusaf I used the clay bar and it was simple, labor intensive but simple, the paint code is on the VIN tag inside the door jam, the best way is to go get the correct touch up tube from the dealer or your local body shop.The clay bar comes out nice too then a couple of coats of wax and wow! What a difference, as for the scratches you might want to get a buffing wheel and some compound just don't burn the paint it's a technique, the weight of the buffer and no pressure in gentle swipes. Good luck I hope you get the results you want. :cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F350 On Track