Well here it goes???

seaton83

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hello, i am new here and am having issues with my 07 F350 6.0l stock. at idle it randomly stumbles, not to consistent. dosent seem to mater the engine temp or ambient temp.Driving there seems to be no issue what so ever. truck goes like hell when I get on it which is often, I know how these 6.0l like to be drivin. some times it wont do it for a day or 2. the truck only has 20,718mi on the clock and is in pretty good shape in my eyes. it is my Work truck, i am a service technician for a large utility company in the north east. I've tried everything from OEM fuel filters to switching to synthetic 5w40 diesel oil from Ford. Has anyone ever had a similar issue or could possibly know how to rectify this issue. :dunno i'm at my witts end with this one. also no pending codes or any info from the comp.

Please Help???????????????Thank You

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
5W40 syn oil cured my idle stumble. If your filters (fuel) are clean, both of them, then I can't come up with anything. Someone will chime in about this. Oh and :welcome4

Dave :)

seaton83

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Yes both fuels are new Ford filters. just changed everything again today fuel filers oil and filters, with no luck. Thought it was cured till just a cpl min ago did it again. Like i said it drives fine just at idle seems to stumble almost like its cutting out or losing fuel. will also happen in gear at a stop sign or light, n the truck will jump forward. Some times it will stumble for 30 sec to a min or so and when it does it smokes Blackish blue, other times it's just a quick 1 or 2 sec stumble. if i give it a rev when it 's doin it for a 30 sec period of time it will clear up for a bit. n then randomly do it again a cpl mins hrs later then clear up for a day or 2. It looks bad when i show up to fix a piece of equipment and my own truck runs like crap. next i'm goin to remove the EGR and check that out n possibly clean it out? Any insight is GREATLY Appreciated! Thank You:confused:

Last edited:

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I am thinking the FICM (Fuel Injection Control Module). The FICM can give you fits at start up. You need to get the computer read by someone who has a good code reader, and NOT Auto Zone's cheapy reader. You probably will find a code or two that goes back to the FICM. :)

Dave

seaton83

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I do have my own Bluepoint scanner from Snap on. it does enhanced manufacturer and generic codes. cost me $500, so i would think it would pull a code like that if it was present. I have checked pending, history, and present codes with nothing. I have not reset or pulled battery power in a few weeks. I will barrow my buddys Modis this week to see if that will find anything. Thanks for the help.

seaton83

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Also it is not at start up, once or twice it has been at start up but mostly after it's been running a while. Say 20 min to a cpl hrs, or even longer some times.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Your scanner will do. Many here have tried the cheap scanners that won't read our trucks and they get all upset that they have to spend $$ for a good scanner. I bought mine before I had the truck. Great tool.

Dave:)

bismic1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd start by pulling (inspect and clean) the EGR valve.

seaton83

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thank you. when i get a moment i will pull and inspect the EGR. i am going on vacation nxt wed so i think im goin to drop it off at tthe local Ford dealer and see what they can come up with, i believe the work should be under warranty so when n if i find anything out i will post the results here for future refrence.

seaton83

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
So, went on vacation n I had the 6.0 at the local dealer. While it was in it received a new EGR valve, power steering pump. Both were covered under warranty, also while I had it in the shop I had them flush the coolant and put in CAT, ELC coolant for good measure. Now the problem is I am still having the same issue i had b4 it went in. I knew it needed the power steering pump that was obvious. With the EGR I was a lil surprised as i had originally stated the truck only has 22k on it now. n it's n early build 07. Now i had noticed when i was checking over their work that the navi sticker on the rt side valve cover says the engine is n 06. Well the other day it started its idle stumbling/ running like GARBAGE again!!!!!!!! but this time it was alot worse than ever b4. almost thought it was going to die on me. so i scanned it rt there on the spot and pulled a, P0284, Cyl 8 contribution/balance. So with this new info i am suspecting #8 injector is the culprit. Can anyone give me a lil more info possibly on this issue. obviously its goin back to the dealer when i get a moment but would really like some insight from a Ford 6.0 experienced person b4 i send it in. Thank You, Steve

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14