well im going back to stock 97 splits again

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
just scored a set of 97 split shot injectors.since my stage 2s are acting up and i dont have the money to have them rebuilt at the moment i figured id stuff these in it for now.im back to haveing an injector stick open causing loss off fuel pressure and smokin like a train.

how bad a loss in power am i gonna end up with?ill still have all the other mods just stock split shot injectors.:(

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
depends on if you are going to be running stock programming or if you will be running a chipped program for stock split shots.

back to 100% stock is going to suck royally but dependable as you could ever want. You'll loose quite a bit of bottom end get up and go because the turbo is going to take a while to light along with the volume of the intercooler that needs to be pressurized before the engine builds boost. If you still have the stock turbo outlet to intake manifold plumbing I think you would find it a bit easier to live with.

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
im chipped but not for splits.i know they will run in this truck though with single shot programmin.my first motor was a split shot motor.they are only temporary till i get the money to have my stage 2s rebuilt.and i might go bigger this time around as ill have split shots i can use for core value.

oh and i do still have my factory intake thingy,lol

ward cleaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there any benefit to running split shots? I read somewhere you could get bigger split shots than are in a stock '97. I live in Californy so...

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there any benefit to running split shots? I read somewhere you could get bigger split shots than are in a stock '97. I live in Californy so...
the benefits to split shots are a quieter running engine but the downside is that it requires significantly more high pressure oil so if you did larger splits then you would without a doubt need to get an upgraded aftermarket high pressure oil pump. All of the stock super duty injectors are split shots and are a higher capacity. Keep in mind that many of the SD guys are converting to single shots when the upgrade injectors.

Is your truck a cali-emissioned split shot truck now?

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
can i reuse the orings?i dont have the money for new yet.people that owe me cant pay me :rolleyes: .the orings in my truck havent been in in it for a year yet and maybe 10,000 miles on them.this thing is so bad i cant go anywhere at all.after a mile the injector gets stuck and the truck dies.

strokin'_tatsch

death row inmate #7
Reaction score
yes the o-rings can be reused. i actually have dyno proof that bigger injectors on the stock turbo don't do you any good, but they actually hurt you more. i did 352hp and 731tq on the dyno early this year. my buddy's OBS on the same day and same dyno with hybrids and stock turbo and basically the same other mods as me only dyno'd 344hp and i don't remember the torque. he has been through like 5 turbos already too. not sure why he does that, but he needs more air to see the benifits of the hybrids. i think you will as well.

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
my splits are stock and stayin that way.my stage2s are acting up.i gotmy hands on the splits from a motor i heard run and it ran beautiful.they are just temps till i get the stage 2s rebuilt.i cant go a mile without an injector sticking open and killing the truck,then gotta wait for ir it to cool off enough to run again and hope the hell i get where im going before it happens again

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhensonsr