What does this code mean

MykolG

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have an OBD II reader and the book only goes up to 0999. My Ex is throwing a code of 1211. What does it mean? I have a 2002 7.3 PSD with a Banks 6 Gun and Magnaflow exhaust. I don't notice anything wrong. The engine seems to run normal.

MykolG

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply, however, what does ICP and IPR mean? And, where are these located?

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
ICP Injection control pressure sensor
Feedback input. The PCM monitors the high pressure oil system to determine if it needs to be increased if load demand increases. It also uses this to stabilize idle speed. Volts in: 1.0 volt @ 580 psi, 3.22 volts @ 2520 psi.

IPR injection pressure regulator
Output. The PCM controls the high pressure oil system by varying the duty cycle of the IPR. The IPR controls the oil bypass circuit of the high pressure pump. 0% = full return to sump (open valve), 100% = full flow to injectors (closed valve). The PCM monitors the system with the ICP input. The PCM can control fuel delivery to the injectors by increasing the IPR duty cycle which increases fuel pressure through the injector nozzles.

MykolG

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks again. Yeah, it is usually due to the Banks tuner. I didn't know what the code refered to though. :thumbs

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58