What else should I do while the diesel fuel tank is down?

projanen

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I've removed my diesel fuel tank to install a hitch receiver. Are there parts I should inspect, filters I should clean or replace in the tank?

2008 6.4L F-450 cab 'n' chassis, rear fuel tank. 214,000 miles

I've only had the truck for a month. It is in great shape. Bought from state auction, so at least maintenance was likely very good. I preemptively change both fuel filters before driving it home cross country. On the way home, I filled the fuel tank with gasoline once. I had the tank drained and both fuel filters replaced again. I'm adding a hitch receiver. My next step is clearing the flatbed and making stake sides.

(Is it okay to cross-post here and at ford-trucks.com?)

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've removed my diesel fuel tank to install a hitch receiver. Are there parts I should inspect, filters I should clean or replace in the tank?

2008 6.4L F-450 cab 'n' chassis, rear fuel tank. 214,000 miles

I've only had the truck for a month. It is in great shape. Bought from state auction, so at least maintenance was likely very good. I preemptively change both fuel filters before driving it home cross country. On the way home, I filled the fuel tank with gasoline once. I had the tank drained and both fuel filters replaced again. I'm adding a hitch receiver. My next step is clearing the flatbed and making stake sides.

(Is it okay to cross-post here and at ford-trucks.com?)

Sure thats fine. I'd clean or even replace what filters I could when the tank was down. The pump having no issues?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhensonsr