What is my Max 5th wheel pin weight?

Ken1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We want to move up from a TT to a 5th wheel, so this week I purchased the following:
F350, CC, PSD, 4X4, LWB Dulley w/ 4:10 gears.

What is my Max Pin Weight?

Could you suggest some models of 5th wheels to search?

Thanks

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
FWIW: The pin weight rating of any 5th wheel hitch is 25% of it's gross rating.

So if you have a hitch that's rated for 16K, then its pin weight capacity rating is 4K.

I work for an RV dealer.
Looking at some of the biggest 5th wheel RV's we handle at work, their empty pin weight is between 2,000 - 2,500 lbs.

Mrs. TG & I are thinking of selling the house and everything else in a few years. If we do, we will buy a B.F. 5th wheel and see the country while she goes back to doing travel nursing. We might very possibly spend a summer up in Crumm-land. (Yes, we might be looking for a tour-guide :nudge) Maybe even campout in Robert's back yard for a while. :pb Who knows what'll happen.:dunno

The 5th wheel we like the most is Grand Junction. I'm between 6'0" and 6'11" depending on which convenience store I'm leaving. But every 5th wheel I've looked at except some Dutchman & Fleetwood units have a decreased amount of headroom in the bedroom area. The roofline typically slants downward towards the front of the RV. The Grand Junction is a top of the line RV that has a level roofline all the way to the front so headroom on the inside is maintained.

If I'm going to spend $50K for a RV, I sure as hell ain't gonna be bashing my head on the ceiling eveytime I go to bed.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg