Help Needed what is REALLY goin on!!!!!?????

jlemon1594

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
i got a 03 6.0 that runs fine until its hot . Then stalls at idle and will not start untill it cools off. Ive been to dealers in the area and was told icp sensor , so i changed that and same thing !! now what? its going back next week to get scaned again but im sick of all this guessing its getting expensive!! im thinking high pressure pump but can they check that preasure when its cranking? any ideas?

atk

Reaction score
it would be a good place to start to have it scanned for codes....while they are at it, they should do some data logging till it stalls, to see what is actually going on....

when was the last time oil was changed?

did you change the pigtail when you changed the ICP sensor?(electrical connector that goes to the ICP)

hope this helps some......

Last edited:

atk

Reaction score
no codes when they scan it . And the oil was changed 200 miles ago ,what could be wrong with the pig tail?

when my ICP was changed, noticed the plug was oil soaked, which can cause a possible short, so it was changed...if yours was nice and dry and didin`t look to be damged, i wouldn`t think that is problem....also when i talked to the dealer about this, they recommened to change that small section of wiring harness(pig tail) going the ICP sensor....

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your IPR could be bad to. But check your ICP plug, they get oil soaked sometimes. (IPR- Injection pressure regulator)

Paul H

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Possible bad O ring on the IPR , Truck startsa and runs fine with thick cold oil, once oil is hot and thin looses too much pressure to fire injectors.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58