What kind of grease?

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
jamie
the site bob is the oil guy (http://theoildrop.server101.com/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi) has enough items on grease to hurt your brain.
i have always used the blue marine/wheel bearing grease, it was easier with the boat so i could grab the grease gun and not have to switch greases.
you know my new 06 tow boss has xero zerks, i geuss the grease wil lnever wear out:roflmao :roflmao

Hoss 350

My GSP, Dutch
Reaction score
ForumBlue said:
Can you use any kind of grease to lube the chassis, or are there any recommendations?
Thanks.
Jamie
There will probably be those who disagree, but when it comes to relatively low-heat, low-stress fittings like the truck chassis (steering, suspension, etc) grease is grease.

On bearings and such I like to use a "high-temp" grease that won't cook under temperature, so i just buy a decent high temp grease and use it for everything. Lubing the tractor, the truck, wheel bearings, pilot bearings, PTO's, trailer bearings and hubs, etc. etc etc... Just like everything else, you get what you pay for, so don't go buy cheap crap, but you don't have to mortgage your house, either... Get a decent, middle of the road high temp grease and you now have a "one size fits all" grease.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64