What now!

Toastruck

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
My Truck wouldn't heat up so I change the thermostats (using Startlet) the old ones had rubber missing. So I flushed the whole system put everything back together and the truck still won't heat up. I unplugged the fan and put cardboard in front of the rad, went for a drive and still no heat.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Your water pump is shot. Change it or get it towed to a shop that can. I would NOT recommend driving your truck, you can do great heat damage to the engine.

Dave ;tu

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thinking your water pump impellers have rotted away or you have a coolant hose getting suck flat. This happens with hoses that over time get weak and they get sucked flat from the water pump. Check your lower and upper hose are they real soft? Start the truck up and see if you see one getting suck flat.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It just hit me, What A/C controls do you have for truck? Can you post a photo. I think I know what the problem is but I need to see your A/c setup. If it what same system I had in my 08 it not a cooling system problem but a blend door problem in the cab.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64