What really is the best tire dressing?

hdjeff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, I'm sick and tired of slinging tire wet. I've tried many brands and no luck. So let hear what you suggest, I'm lazy so I dont want to wipe on a gel. I think the best I've ever experienced was made by Dupont but its not made any more. Just frustrated after re-cleaning the truck after shining it up.

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am in the same boat as you I have the tire wet gel. Looks nice but if you go to wash the truck again it is a PITA to remove. I usely just spray some tire shine on and let the truck sit for a while before driving again.

I have about 6 different types of tire shine right now. I just keep watching Autozone and trying new stuff that comes out. If I find a good one I'll let you know.

bigrigr

Real trks hv 3 pdls
Reaction score
I found one not long back, at checker, that is a spray, and it remains on there permanately. once it dries it's good to go. I use it on the rubber floor mats in the pete. I don't know what it would do at the carwash myself(I Don't take the hose inside the truck obviously) But I know that it holds up real well ot alot of dirty foot traffic. I can't remember the brand name right now, but I'll get it and get back to you.

Reaction score
meguiars tire shine with the adjustable nozzle. Goes on almost like black spray paint from the looks and lasts about as long.

bigrigr

Real trks hv 3 pdls
Reaction score
The stuff is called tuf shine, it comes in a two bottle kit w/applicator for the tire "clear coat". seems to work pretty well to me, but i'm from the old school. we always just put armour-all on 'em. Let me know what you think, sounds like platinum might already have it! :)

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
turtle wax tire wax
they just released it in a new name but same old formula
looks like ivory thick liquid, soaks in then buff lightly
Turtle Wax - Home

wet n black is the new name
i have used it for over 8 years

bigrigr

Real trks hv 3 pdls
Reaction score
No I use mop and glo on the dash, keeps it nice and tacky. So the loose odds and ends don't slide around so much. :lmao

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
No Touch Tire Care by Permatex is the best stuff I have found.

21hgXT91iZL._AA160_.jpg

Yooper75

Boost Junky
Reaction score
I use Meg's Hyperdressing and have little to no sling. You just spray it on work it in with a rag and then buff it off and it will last a month on my truck. You can dilute it to get the desired shine any where from a mat to shiney finish. The other nice thing is that it does not attract dust like most other produce will.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64