What should I do?

bling821

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I get (ok, I'm forced) to get underway here soon and I have a few questions about what to do with my PSD. I read in another thread about biocide. Should I add that to the tank when I don't get to drive it for about 2-3 months? It sounds like I'll have a few critters in there if I don't. Anything else I should do when it gets to sit around for long periods of time?

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bling821 said:
So I get (ok, I'm forced) to get underway here soon ?

our thoughts and prayers are w/ you SIR ! I (and everyone i know &
associate w/) appreciates what you do for us !

keep your head down ! post/email when you can so we know how
youre doin' !

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
bling821 said:
So I get (ok, I'm forced) to get underway here soon and I have a few questions about what to do with my PSD. I read in another thread about biocide. Should I add that to the tank when I don't get to drive it for about 2-3 months? It sounds like I'll have a few critters in there if I don't. Anything else I should do when it gets to sit around for long periods of time?

first off,
this old retired sailor, says have a safe cruise with lots of good eats.:usa
fly our flag proud and Know we are behind you guys.
second, send me an airline ticket, I wil fly over and baby sit the truck while your gone, ensuring she doesnt sit long enough for rust to start or fuel to go bad, plus I will restock the fridge with beverages when i leave.:D

third, good dose of biocide and fuel stabilizer, air up the tires, wipe em down good with tire protectant, cover em from teh suns rays, if you have to park outside.... window shades all around, unplug batteries just to be safe.

send us pics of the ship or boat

bling821

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips. There are plenty of marine stores out here for the fishing/sail boats so I'm sure I can find some stuff there. I won't have time to get any window shades this time but will get some when I get back.

Now about those airline tickets:roflmao ...how am I going to afford to get back to Texas for deer season this year if I'm paying for your airfare? Don't get me wrong, If I can support someone getting to just sit around on the couch and watch TV for a while-popcorn , I'll help out. I'm not sure I can go that far. Just know that if I made a million bucks then everybody would be invited.

By the way, I have a couple of pics in the gallery on here. I may try to get some more later on. I'm going to be busy with the 4th of July weekend and all. Got a ship's picnic (mandatory fun) Friday with the Austailian sub crew. Going diving on Saturday to try out my new scuba gear. For some dumb reason I signed up for a sprint triathalon, thank God I'm in a team and only have to do the road bike part. I'm also going to try to squeeze in some kiteboarding lessons too. Man, there sure is nothing to do out here, huh?

bling821

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input. Found a big ol' bottle of biocide at West Marine. So after I run the tank low in the morning I'll poor in some and fill er up. I think it said to double it up the first tank or two just to make sure. I think I should read up on it some more. Doesn't sound like it will hurt anything if I mess it up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14