What size exhaust?

4doorbu

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at possibly getting a cat back exhaust with test pipe when i get my rebate check. I've seen all different kinds, all different sizes, and all different opinions. I was looking at the MRBP or whatever the initials are. I see the t-304 and t-409 stainless, 4" and 5". Is the exhaust cost of the t-409 stainless worth it? What size, is bigger better and is doing exhaust really worth any kind of performance/towing gains. The truck is a 07 F-350 DRW 4x4 Crew Cab with 8' bed. Once i get the exhaust, next will be gauges, then a SCT tuner. Just don't want to waste my money. Thanks for any help!

JRJ04

Reaction score
MBRP is an excellent brand and I would highly recommend it. Go with the full exhaust system and not just cat back. replace the downpipe as well. It is a little more expensive, but you will be much happier with the results.

As far as size goes, 4 inch will do you just fine. I really dont think 5 inch is necessary unless you are planning on making an ungodly amount of hp. I would save my money for another mod.

Hope this helps!

4doorbu

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
thanks for the info! and i meant to write turbo back:dizzy my head was spinning too much after reading pages and pages of info. which type of stainless exhaust t-304 or t-409, i plan on keeping this truck till it is dead!

JRJ04

Reaction score
its really up to you as to what type of stainless you want. 409 is comparable to what the truck came with, so you dont want to downgrade like I did with aluminized. If I had to do it all over again, I wouldve done the 409. 304 is a little pricy for me, but will definately hold up forever. I think the 409 will hold up well also. it ultimately comes down to how much you want to spend, but youll be happy with either

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14