What the h**l is going on here

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there anything that can be, or Is being done..... about these PIA, worthless, SPAM guyz ??????

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
That is a very good question! From where I sit, nothing is being done. We were given a very weak excuse, several weeks ago, that made almost no sense. We were told that the Spammer is changing his IP address every time he posts here. That does not make a lot of sense unless he owns the body or people who pass out ($ell) web IP addresses. They are restricted to people who pay for them and not spammers like these guys. I am not totally familiar with the workings of the "Web address people" and how they keep unassigned addresses off the web. Seems like they don't/can't.

Dave

dboyw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What gets me is that I do not recall any spammers with the old forum software.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are so right. What gets me is that I do not recall any spanners with the old forum software.

Doug

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
;tuOld or New software... Thanks SDD Admin, for clearing that GARBAGE off of our site !!! ;tu

Hope there's something that can be done.. to keep it off ? Maybe ?

Joe

CHPMustang

Reaction score
I used to have pre-emptive measures set in place but they(Upper Admin) removed those measures,sorry guys I tried the best I could while I could. :dunno

dpantazis

Reaction score
That is a very good question! From where I sit, nothing is being done. We were given a very weak excuse, several weeks ago, that made almost no sense. Dave

Respectfully Dave, there is PLENTY being done here. First off, you get what you pay for (which is $0 by the way). Don't expect impeccable stellar service from volunteer moderators. We have jobs and lives outside SDD.

Second, don't complain every time someone pokes in. That is just wasteful of all of our time and effort.

Third, if you don't like how stuff is working, take it up with the management, oilburners.net.

As far as what used to be, spammers have outsmarted the forum writers and have circumvented their controls.

As far as the mechanics of all this goes, we DO ban by usersame and IP. Its not the same guy most of the time. As often as some new fangled desirable gadget comes out, its gonna happen because of the worlds thirst for cheap Chinese made gizmos's. Notice how 95% of them had to do with the iPhone5? its mostly dies down.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I have been a moderator here, several years ago, so I know what goes on behind the scenes. I resigned due to my work load. I am not arguing with you or anyone else or pointing fingers.

Dave :)

Butch Cassidy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Big Joe,

I hear you and agree about the spammers. I think the majority of web sites have their share of spammers. The admin(s) have a constant job dealing with / cleaning / blocking the daily spammers. At best, we can alert the admin(s) to this so action can be takened.

ButchCassidy1

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Big Joe,

I hear you and agree about the spammers. I think the majority of web sites have their share of spammers. The admin(s) have a constant job dealing with / cleaning / blocking the daily spammers. At best, we can alert the admin(s) to this so action can be takened.

ButchCassidy1

;tu

Ya.. jus' got a little sidewayz... sign'n on to a Board full of non-sense.

I'm addmittedly challenged as to what it takes to admin a site.. should have remembered.. SDD is a Freebee.

But Thanks Again..... to the Admin folks for cleaning it up..:clap::hail

DANG if they ain't back again !! :rant:rant

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64