Question What to buy?

Henry McAdams

DirtyF-350
Reaction score
Ok so you fellas probably have seen this question a thousand times but I want to chip my truck and have been looking at alot of chips. Currently I have a 2008 F-350 6.4l with a Manual tranny. Any suggestions on chips i know that with my manual tranny i can't run huge horsepower without a clutch upgrade but right now with diesel prices off the charts I want to delete my dpf and get some decent mileage without breaking the bank i would like to do a spartan but thats a little out of my price range.

Thanks guys

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been looking too and It's looking about a grand for the tuner and the DPF delete.

Henry McAdams

DirtyF-350
Reaction score
What tuners have you been thinking about doing? Lately i have been looking at the SCT chips they seem good the touch screen one actually looks nice it runs about 850-900 bucks. The cheaper SCT is around 600 and im thinking about going with it. I dont know anyone who has one so i would like to hear from someone whos used it.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a SCT from jody at DP Tuners for my 04 and it was really good. He will put what you need on it. My last one only had tow and econo. Did not have the power tunes thats when stuff get broken. Give them a call and talk to jody he'll set you up.

Bigboytoys

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spend the extra cash to get a GOOD tuner, one that won't hurt your truck or leave evidence so the big F will void your warranty. My suggestion is Spartan. The way to get mileage is to run a big tune DPF/CAT delete, with a light foot. Kinda doesn't make sense but it works.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64