What to do? HELP!

dahoser

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

A year ago this month I bought a used 2004 F-350 4X4 with the 6.0 diesel. I haven't added anything to it except a bug screen and steering whell cover. In the first part of November I had what they are calling engine failure, it started smoking real bad so I took it back to the dealer I bought it from. The service manager said since it had a after market breather and a Hyperteck chip on it that the warranty was void. I said those parts where on the truck when I bought it from them and they never explained that it would void any warranties. I didn't sign a wavier that it voided anything from Ford. It did have a SOLD AS IS sticker on it because it had 37,000 miles on it. Other dealers have told me that sold as is sticker covers the dealer from stuff like if my windows, heater, wipersor computer stopped working, that it should not have anything to do with the factory warranty unless I signed a wavier. The dealer is offering to do it for half price or trade to another truck or put a used motor in it so it seems they know it is their screw up. My question is what would be the right move for me, should I get a lawyer or just do my best with the dealer? I know should have took it off before going in but it was on it when I bought it from the same dealer and they know it. The finance guy even said it was kinda useless to get the extended warranty with the 100,000 drive train warranty because of the extra cost.

Thanks a head of time!
Floyd
Northeast Colorado

Last edited:

fordtrucker4life!

I work with waste
Reaction score
Don't let the dealer jerk you around if it was exactly how you bought it from them. How many miles were on the motor and any ideas as to what caused it to go?

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd contact the sales man that sold you the truck 1st, then the GM then
the owner of the dealership...id tell 'em you expect IMMEDIATE resolution
and if you didnt see some results FAST their next contact would be from
your lawyer.

dahoser

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
It had 81,000 miles on it when it happened. It has 2 scorn cyl walls and a small blow in the head gasket. It never even got hot, just started to smoke. The dealer said the ford rep said it was because of the 2 after market parts. It's no wonder Ford lost a billion dollars in the last quarter. I have talked to the GM and he is the one who offered the trade or fixing it for half price. A lawyer may be my best bet.

Thanks Again!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58